Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Being Intentional

Look ahead at your week and think about how you could intentionally promote healthy children and youth. Ask yourself questions like:
  • How can I empower people to use their talents and resources wisely this week?
  • How can I promote social competencies (relationship skills) this week?
  • How can I set boundaries and expectations for children/youth this week?

Then take time to review your day or your week, and ask broad questions, such as:

  • How have I encouraged children to use their time constructively?
  • How have helped to develop someone’s sense of positive identity?
  • Have I taken the opportunity to model and teach positive values?

Taking time to be intentional with the children and youth around you will make a big impact on who they grow up to be!