Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Youtube for Homework this Week

My DH took me on a Youtube date night last night. We watched "The Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams," by Randy Pausch. I'm so glad we took time to watch it. It's a dynamic picture-filled lecture given by a professor at Carnegie Mellon University who died last month of complications from pancreatic cancer.

It's a 76 minute talk about understanding your passions, and reaching for goals. It's about the brick walls that interupt our paths, and how they are just there to test how much we really want to achieve our goals. It's about accepting feedback and criticism, because it's a sign that people actually care about your work. It's about the power of education and inspiring others. It's about living life to the fullest - with passion, determination, and fervor. It's just a really good talk.

I think you would enjoy watching it . And I think his words will echo in your heart for a long long time.