Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Nashville fun - for attendees at the National Service Learning Conference

Welcome to Nashville, if you're here for the National Service Learning Conference. I wish I could take you on a tour of the city, but I can at least tell you some of my favorite local places to share with visitors. I don't know if you'll have any free time, but I thought I'd share ideas:

 Bluebird Café
 Grand Ole Opry
 Frist Center for the Visual Arts
 Downtown Public Library
 Bicentennial Park
 Centennial Park
 The Hermitage- Home of president Andrew Jackson
 Radnor Lake- great little park south of downtown, (www.nashville.gov/parks)
 Percy Warner Park- larger hiking/running/biking park southwest of downtown
 Cheekwood Botanical Garden and Museum of Art
 Predators Hockey game
 Pancake Pantry
 Loveless Café- cool breakfast place on gateway to the Natchez Trace Parkway
 Elliston Place Soda Shop
 Rotiers- burger and shakes
 Monnell’s- family style southern food, best in Nashville, near downtown
 Jack's Bar-B-Que- best BBQ in town and on main strip downtown
 The Boundry- eclectic food
 Chaffin's Barn Dinner Theatre


Enjoy Nashville!