Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Valentine's Day

Here's a list of children's picture books that promote friendship and love. I have not read all of them, but they look super cute. If you have a favorite book to share, you can leave it in the comments section - we'd love to learn from you!

A Valentine for Ms. Vanilla by Fred Ehrlich
Clifford's Valentine's Day by Norman Bridwell
Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney
How Do I Love You? by Marion Dane Bauer
I Like You by Sandol Stoddard
I Love You the Purplest by Barbara M. Joosse
If You'll Be My Valentine by Cynthia Rylant
Love Bugs by David A. Carter
Love by Lowell A. Siff
Love, Splat by Rob Scotten
Nate the Great and the Mushy Valentine by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat
Queen of Hearts by Mary Engelbreit
Somebody Loves You Mr. Hatch by Eileen Spinelli
The Best Thing About Valentines by Eleanor Hudson
The Day it Rained Hearts by Felicia Bond
The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn
The Night Before Valentine's Day by Natasha Wing
The Story of Valentine's Day by Nancy Skarmeas
The Velveteen Rabbit by Marjorie Williams
The Very Special Valentine by Maggie Kneen
Today is Valentine's Day by P. K. Hallinan
Valentine Hearts : Holiday Poetry by Lee Bennett Hopkins
Valentine School Parties by Wilhelminia Ripple
Valentine's Day by Anne and Lizzy Rockwell
Valentine's Day Is by Gail Gibbons
Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! Mr. Valentine by Mara Conlon
You and Me by Martine Kindermans
You Are My I Love You by Maryann Cusimano